"One of the most powerful ways for producers to gain rapid 'up to the minute' knowledge and insight of the film business but also a place to build up good old fashioned industry contacts. I highly recommend it." Iain Smith, Producer of Children of Men, Seven Years in Tibet and The A Team
"Initialize's Interdoc was the key to getting me out of the constraints of mainstream TV and to finding a real way forward with The English Surgeon.” - Geoffrey Smith, Director (winner of Emmy 2010 for The English Surgeon)
Initialize works with producers by financing, packaging and repping film and TV projects.
- Recent client producer films including God Help the Girl, What We Did on Our Holiday, 71, Starred Up, Sunshine Superman, Drone get great reviews, premiere at leading festivals such as Sundance, Berlin, TiFF and win several awards.
- Initialize co-financed (through sister company Boudica) 3 films which premiered in 2015: The Falling (with BBC and BFI); Swung (with Creative Scotland); and Iona (with BFI and Creative Scotland) and will co-finance 3 more features in 2015.
- Starred Up won 3 BAFTAs for Feature Film, Directing Film / Television and Writer Film / Television at the 2014 British Academy Scotland awards.
- '71 and Under the Skin gained five nominations for the 2015 BAFTAs for Outstanding British Film, Outstanding Debut for a British Writer, Director or Producer, Rising Star Award (Jack O'Connell) and Sound.
- TV series Outlander, which Initialize helped bring to Scotland, gets a second series.
- Initialize will be running the 5th edition of its Market Leaders programme in 2015 - 2016.